Just bought a new canon printer and willing to set it up using canon.com/ijsetup link? You are in the right place, and I will show you how you can set up your new or old canon printer drivers from scratch.
First, whenever you bought any printer even other than Canon, you have to set up the whole printing utilities before you start printing. We all know that the printer is an output device and needs extra drivers to run smoothly with any operating system. But here I will only cover the canon printer setup process with the help of the official link canon.comijsetup. After that, you will be able to utilize your printer functionalities fully.
Perform the hardware setup first:
Before jumping to the download and installation section, you must set up the whole procedure’s hardware part.
- Unbox your printer and read the manuals first and put your printer near the wireless or lan cable.
- Now connect your printer into the power source, plug the cable into printer and power outlet.
- Then press the power button on your printer and ensure the power lid is on.
- After that, install the cartridges into it, which comes with your printer box.
- Install the extra paper tray parts on the printer and put some shite A4 size papers.
- You have done the hardware part of the canon printer setup, and Now you can proceed with the download and installation process.
Quick Download Canon Printer Drivers
The download and installation process is simple and easily do if you have proper instructions. Even these steps are also given by canon printer on their manuals too. So let’s get started:
- The first check you are properly connected with the internet, then open any browser and go to the official link “Canon.com/ijsetup“. Just type it on any search engine or direct in the address bar.
- You will now see the “SETUP” button on the page and a field that requires your printer model number.
- After entering your printer’s model, the server will find our the specific printer model drivers.
- If you see your printer is found on the server, click on the start button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After completing the previous step, you need to click on the “Connect” button.
- Then choose your operating system, and you will see the download link, just click on that and wait until the download complete.
- The downloading canon printer driver can take few minutes it totally depends on your internet speed.
Installation of canon printer drivers
- After the download procedure, you need to install it on your system, make sure you have downloaded the correct model & version drivers.
- Find the downloaded file in your system. Generally, it found on the download folder by default.
- Click twice on the setup files, and a dialogue box will appear on your screen.
- Now your canon printer driver starts installing in your device.
- In the installation wizard, you have to choose your model and the utilities from checkboxes.
- After that, you will see an agreement which needs your action like accept or quick the canon.com/ijsetup wizard.
Connect using a wireless network (WPS)
Many new generation printers come with wireless functionalities that makes the setup procedure more complex at the new user’s point.
- First, check your printer has a wireless feature, also check your router have WPS enabled.
- Turn on your canon printer then press and hold the WIFI button for 5-10 seconds.
- After that, you will see the WIFI button starts blinking with blue color lid.
- Now press the WPS button on your printer and at the same time you have to press the WPS button on the router too, It should be done within the timeframe of 2 mins.
- If your connection is established correctly, then WIFI lid will glow steadily.
- At last, you need to do a test print through WIFI, make sure your printer’s tray has some A4 size papers in it.
How to Establish Proper Wireless Connection for Canon IJ Printer
Are you facing any problem setting up a proper wireless connection for a new Canon IJ printer? If that is so, you do not need to get worried! The whole process has been mentioned below. By pursuing the provided steps, you can establish a wireless network connection in less than no time. Follow the steps in the same way as displayed below.
- First, carefully go through the user manual to know about the WPS button on your Canon IJ printer.
- You should turn on the Canon IJ printer.
- After that, long-press the Wi-Fi button located on it.
- When you press the Wi-Fi button, the blue light will start glowing.
- Configure the network settings correctly.
- You need to load at least 15 A4 sheets on the paper tray of the Canon printer.
- Finally, print a page to check if the connection is properly established.
Note: In order to download the latest version of drivers for your Canon IJ printer, access any updated web browser and visit canon.com/ijsetup. In case any difficulty arises, you may contact Canon Support Team for assistance.
Instructions to Set Up Canon IJ on Mac
If you are a Mac user and don’t know how to set up Canon IJ on a Mac system, do not worry! We have explained simple instructions. Follow these steps:
- Visit the manufacturer’s site by accessing an internet browser.
- Then, type the printer model number and the operating system in the required fields.
- When you see the download link on the screen, you are to click on the same
- By clicking the link, you can download the file.
- When the download is complete, you need to install it by following the instructions on the screen.
- Make sure that you download the MP driver with the Canon IJ utility package.
- Double-click on the Canon utility folder and start using the IJ scan utility and IJ printer utility.
- By following the instructions, a Mac user can quickly set up Canon IJ on a Mac system.
Procedure to Install and set up Canon Printer Wirelessly via ij.start.canon
If you wish to know the steps to install and set up a canon printer wirelessly, read these steps mentioned below. These steps will help you set up your Canon printer through ij.start.canon.
- Check the status of your printer’s network.
- Next, click Set up on ij.start.canon.
- Now, type your Canon printer model on the ij.start.canon website.
- Afterward, from the Start menu, choose “Connecting to a Computer/Smartphone.”
- Click “Download” from the drop-down menu.
- Afterward, click-twice the setup.exe installer file to start the installation process.
- Continue the installation by clicking Start Setup.
- Then, click on the wireless router under Wireless LAN Connection.
- Next, Push the WiFi button on your Canon printer at the same time.
- Press Wireless LAN setup using the right or left arrows.
- Then, on your wireless router, select WPS and push the WPS button.
- Your Canon printer is now connected wirelessly if the Wi-Fi flash becomes stable.
- Finally, select your Canon printer model from the list displayed on the installation window. After that, finish setting up the Canon printer wirelessly.
Procedure to Uninstall ij.start.canon Drivers
To know the steps to uninstall and reinstall ij.start.canon drivers, read these steps.
- First, From the Start menu, choose ‘Programs‘ or ‘All Programs.’
- Next, choose ‘Uninstall‘ after selecting the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Then, hit ‘OK’ when the confirmation message appears.
- The progress of the uninstallation is shown in a window. Now, you need to wait until the message “Uninstall successfully completed” displays.
- Afterward, click ‘OK’ when the message appears.
- The ij.start.canon driver has now been successfully uninstalled.
Procedure to Reinstall ij.start.canon Drivers
Know the steps to reinstall ij.start.canon drivers.
- Check that the printer is turned off first.
- Next, insert the CD that came with the device. (The installer launches automatically and displays the following window.). You can also download the drivers from ij.start.canon.
- Now, on the left side of the window, select ‘Printer Driver’ and click ‘Install.’ (A dialog window for the Printer Port appears).
- Then, the manual is initially installed.
- Afterward, check to see if the printer and device are connected, and then switch on the printer.
- While automatic recognition is being completed, the Printer port window will be displayed. (The window will automatically close after automatic recognition is complete.).
- The message below appears when the ij.start.canon driver installation is complete. (The manual and printer driver installation, as well as the system setting adjustment, are now complete.).
- ‘Ok’ should be clicked now.
- To restart the device, click ‘Yes.’
Procedure to Download a Canon Printer Update Utility from ij.start.canon
Find the steps on how to download a Canon printer update utility.
- First, go to ij.start.canon and then Select Drivers & Downloads from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select Firmware from the drop-down menu. Then, to the right of the relevant firmware update file, click the Select button. To indicate that you agree to the conditions of the Disclaimer, tick the box.
- Now, Save the file to your device’s hard drive by clicking Download.
- Then, open the downloaded file and expand it.
- The next step is to “Performing the Firmware Update.”
- Finally, the printer update utility has been downloaded via ij.start.canon.
Hopefully, the above set or procedure will help you smoothly download, install, and configure your canon printer driver via canon.com/ijsetup. If you do follow the process correctly step-by-step, you can easily set up your canon printer in any OS device. I suggest you must have a good internet connection for WIFI printing, and on the wired connection, you don’t need any internet after the ij.start.canon setup.