Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

6T News6T News

Latest News

French boy, 6, thrown from Tate Modern recovering three years on from tragedy

Bravery was convicted of attempted murder in 2020 and jailed for 15 years

A little boy who was thrown from the 10th floor of the Tate Modern art gallery in London while on vacation with his family has made significant progress in his recovery.

The young Frenchman, who was just six when he was randomly attacked by autistic teenager Jonty Bravery in 2019, has shown a “marked improvement” in his eyesight and is able to ride a tricycle.

Bravery was in supportive housing at the time of the attack, but was allowed four hours of unsupervised activity per day. On the day in question, he intended to kill someone, a court was later told.

In 2020, when Bravery was 19, he was convicted of attempted murder and jailed for 15 years.

His victim, on holiday with his parents, survived a 100ft (30m) fall but suffered life-altering injuries including brain bleeding and broken bones.

He has spent much of the last three years in a wheelchair and with leg and left arm braces – earning him the nickname ‘Little Knight’ among those close to him – but his proud parents shared today. today a new update detailing his progress.

Bravery was convicted of attempted murder in 2020 and jailed for 15 years

Jonty Bravery, pictured, grabbed the youngster and threw him from a viewing balcony in the gallery onto the ground about 100ft below

Jonty Bravery, pictured, grabbed the youngster and threw him from a viewing balcony into the gallery onto the ground 100ft below

Posting on a GoFundMe page, which has raised more than 377,000 euros (nearly £332,000) for the boy’s treatment and rehabilitation, his family said: ‘A marked improvement in his eyesight has been noted by his orthoptist who prescribed him new glasses with a much smaller correction: our little knight sees better and better.’

The boy can now ride a tricycle and his wardrobe has been adapted to remove buttons and laces so he can dress himself.

His family said the start of the new school year went well but that he still had “great difficulties with writing and with his memory”.

“Unfortunately, he also has a hard time making friends because of his fatigue and the wheelchair which prevents him from playing like the other children in the playground.”

In July, the boy’s family took him to an adapted holiday home in the Massif Central, southern France, to practice walking with a cane.

Bravery, who has autism and a personality disorder, was a 'child in care' in the care of Hammersmith and Fulham council at the time he struck - telling horrified onlookers social services were to blame for the atrocity

Bravery, who has autism and a personality disorder, was a ‘child in care’ in the care of Hammersmith and Fulham council at the time he struck – telling horrified onlookers social services were to blame for the atrocity

His family said: “We had to catch him countless times, but he made progress in mastering his balance, starting after the fortnight to lean his shoulders forward or back, depending on the slope. A real little adventurer.

As part of his recovery, the boy goes to a swimming pool with a specialist therapist and his family say he is “beginning to be able to close his mouth in the water”.

They added: “We know there is still a long way to go but our little knight is not giving up. His courage and effort are simply amazing.

But the boy has expressed an interest in football, which his family say is simply not possible in his current condition – serving as a constant reminder of the uphill battle he continues to face.

The little boy’s parents revealed earlier that they fear their son will never walk again and the psychological damage from the trauma will stay with him for the rest of his life.

Emergency crews attend a scene at the Tate Modern art gallery on August 4, 2019

Emergency crews attend a scene at the Tate Modern art gallery on August 4, 2019

“How can you explain to a child that someone deliberately tried to kill him? they asked.

Bravery was convicted of attempted murder in 2019 and jailed for 15 years.

He was living in supportive accommodation in Northolt, west London, at the time of the strike, and had a history of abuse against staff.

Despite this, he was allowed to leave his home, unsupervised, for up to four hours at a time.

In April 2019 Bravery punched a carer and member of staff at the Burger King restaurant while on a supervised trip to Brighton.

After his arrest, he assaulted a guard and urinated in the waiting room.

The judge said Bravery’s autism spectrum disorder (ASD) did not explain the attack and acknowledged expert evidence that he posed “a serious and immediate risk to the public”.

Bravery is serving a minimum prison term of 15 years at HMP Belmarsh, pictured

Bravery is serving a minimum prison term of 15 years at HMP Belmarsh, pictured

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Latest News

Married drama teacher, 54, who had sex with former student after leaving college is banned from the profession for life Robin Kyne, 54, had...

Business

How I went from ‘tea girl’ to Britain’s fraud enforcement officer: Outgoing SFO boss hails success of her all-female squad By Calum Muirhead for...

Latest News

EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Mystery over fate of Diana memo exonerating Martin Bashir of wrongdoing for infamous Panorama interview By Ephraim Hardcastle for the Daily Mail...

Latest News

The families of Iranian soccer players at the World Cup in Qatar have been threatened with torture and jail by their own country’s government...