Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

6T News6T News

Trending News

Man vs Chimp: One in 10 Britons think they could win a fight with a primate, poll shows 

Surprisingly, 10% of Britons think they could fight a chimpanzee.  But Jan Garen, owner of Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary in Powys, told The Times that trust was misplaced

Man vs Chimp: One in 10 Brits think they could win a fight with a primate, poll finds

  • 1 in 10 Brits think they could fight a chimpanzee, which experts say is unlikely
  • Jan Garen, owner of a monkey sanctuary, said they ‘wouldn’t stand a chance’
  • Meanwhile, just 67% of Brits thought they could fight a rat
  • Domestic cats are feared, with a third of Britons believing a cat could defeat them

If you think you could boo a goose and live to tell the tale, you’re on the same page as 45% of Brits.

Americans are even braver according to a YouGov poll – with 61% saying they would come out on top.

And surprisingly, 10% of Britons think they could fight a chimpanzee.

Surprisingly, 10% of Britons think they could fight a chimpanzee.  But Jan Garen, owner of Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary in Powys, told The Times that trust was misplaced

Surprisingly, 10% of Britons think they could fight a chimpanzee. But Jan Garen, owner of Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary in Powys, told The Times that trust was misplaced

But Jan Garen, owner of the Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary in Powys, told The Times that trust was misplaced: ‘A man wouldn’t stand a chance. A chimpanzee will go for your eyes so you can’t see, then hands so you can’t fight back.

The British and Americans were asked to rate their chances against 15 species. Brits were far less confident – ​​while at least 5% of American women said they could take on crocodiles, elephants, gorillas and grizzly bears, less than 5% of British men said the same.

Just 67% of Britons said they could fight a rat - it's unclear how the remaining 33% thought they would be defeated

Just 67% of Britons said they could fight a rat – it’s unclear how the remaining 33% thought they would be defeated

Domestic cats are surprisingly feared, with a third of Britons believing a cat could defeat them

Domestic cats are surprisingly feared, with a third of Britons believing a cat could defeat them

In worrying news for our own pets, just 67% of Britons said they could beat a rat – it’s unclear how the remaining 33% thought they would be defeated.

Domestic cats are surprisingly feared, however, with a third of Britons believing a cat could defeat them.

Both countries ranked the animals in the same order of threat: rat, cat, goose, medium dog, eagle, large dog, chimpanzee, king cobra, kangaroo, wold, crocodile, gorilla, lion, elephant and grizzly bear.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Latest News

After a day filled with his most offensive outbursts yet, including praise for the Nazis and Adolf Hitler, Kanye West has finally found the...

Latest News

President Joe Biden shook hands with French President Emmanuel Macron for an awkward 42 seconds during a welcome ceremony at the White House on...

Latest News

Shannon Matthews kidnapper’s sister claims she told police to come to his house on the first day he disappeared – but never heard back...

Latest News

Rachel Bilson has been granted a restraining order against a man she claims is a dangerous stalker with a “history of violence”. The 41-year-old...